Sport and Sleep
Sleep for Athletic Performance
Sleep plays a major role in athletic performance and competitive results. Montmorency Tart
Cherries naturally contain phytomelatonin which supports quality sleep.
REM sleep in particular provides energy to both the brain and body to help support
mood, performance and concentration.
The more sleep-deprived you are, the more cortisol (your stress hormone)
your body produces, slowing down your body’s recovery processes. Sleep
deprivation also decreases the production of glycogen during exercise,
reducing the amount of available energy.
Be sure to get seven to nine hours of sleep if you plan to workout the next day,
as sleep is necessary for the release of growth hormone, which helps repair and
NB - Drinking Tart Cherry during daylight will not make you sleepy.
Red Recovery Routine
Enjoy as concentrate or dilute to taste.
Leading up to an event
30mls tart cherry concentrate or 2 capsules daily for seven days
30mls tart cherry concentrate or 2 capsules
one hour before exercise
Drink 30mls concentrate with water (240 mls diluted) as required for hydration
30mls tart cherry concentrate or 2 capsules within 30 minutes of exercise, then daily for
30mls tart cherry concentrate or 2 capsules
one hour before bedtime
100% Pure and Natural
Tru2U Sport Support Concentrate
• Complies with the WADA anti-doping code
• No added sugar
• No artificial sweeteners
• No dairy or nuts
• No colouring agents
• No preservatives
• Gluten free
• Low Glycemic Index (GI=54), suitable for many diabetics
• Every batch independently lab tested for
over 200 agricultural residues
• Drip free pourer - no mess
• HDPE Plastic does not leach into juice - does not
let light in for maximum protection.
Cherries... A Nutrition Powerhouse
Anthocyanins – Unique antioxidants that are responsible for cherries deep red colour. Researchers suggest cherries may work like common medications used by athlete’s to reduce post-exercise muscle soreness.
Phytomelatonin – A potent antioxidant that may help improve the body’s natural sleep patterns. Health and wellness experts agree that how long and how well you sleep may impact overall quality of your training.
Other Antioxidants – Cherries contain at least 17 antioxidants including powerful antioxidants egalic acid, p-coumaric acid, kaempferol and quercetin, which may boost immunity and the quality of your training.
Essential Nutrients – Cherries are a good source of Vitamin A (beta carotene) and also contain fibre. Cherries are also rich in vitamins C and E, and provide potassium, magnesium, iron and folate.
ORAC – Oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) is a method of measuring the total antioxidant capacity in food. The ORAC score per 100grams in tart cherry concentrate is 12,800 ORAC units.
The Natural Way – Phytomelatonin
Supporting Quality Sleep, Good Health & Well Being
Tru2U Sleep Support is produced from Montmorency Tart Cherries which contain naturally occurring phytomelatonin, to support regular sleep patterns for adults, children and babies.
Why Tru2U Sleep Support?
• Money back guarantee! Better sleep or your money back
• 100% pure fruit concentrate - superior quality with absolutely no additives, no added sugar or artificial sweeteners, no preservatives, no flavours or colouring agents
• Protected - black HDPE plastic bottle does not leach into the juice or let light in, protecting the phytomelatonin which is a potent antioxidant
• More effective - our products are kept chilled whenever possible to maintain superior quality
• Non-addictive - no drowsiness the next morning, suitable for long term use
• 100% natural - may be enjoyed during pregnancy and breastfeeding
• Low Glycemic index (GI 54) so suitable for many diabetics
• Potent antioxidants and anthocyanins to support the immune system
• Tastes great – Tart Cherries have a delicious and refreshing sweet-tart taste
Sourced from Plants
Phytomelatonin is a naturally occurring phytonutrient found in Montmorency Tart Cherries and certain varieties of New Zealand Sweet Cherries, to support your body’s regular and natural sleep pattern.
Your sleep hormone (melatonin), is secreted by your brain’s pineal gland in small amounts as you wind down at the end of the day and prepare for sleep. As you drift off into your ‘light sleep’, more of your sleep hormone is secreted.
Higher levels of melatonin are secreted when you reach your ‘deep sleep’ state, usually 2-3 hours after you have slept continuously from first going to bed.
Why Can't I Sleep?
I've tried everything - nothing seems to work!
Sleep is as important to the human body as food and water, but most of us don't get enough sleep. Insufficient sleep, or disruptions to the sleep dash wake cycle, cause fatigue, stress, depression, weight gain, poor concentration and possibly disease.
Did you know?
Even the light from a clock radio is enough light to signal the brain that daylight is coming, and slow down natural melatonin production, encouraging the waking up process. For quality and restorative sleep, we need to naturally produce enough of our sleep hormone (melatonin) throughout the night.
What is Phytomelatonin?
Phytomelatonin is a naturally occurring phytonutrient found in Montmorency Tart Cherries and certain varieties of NZ Sweet Cherries, to support your body's regular and natural sleep pattern. Your sleep hormone (melatonin), is secreted by your brains pineal gland in small amounts as you wind down at the end of the day and prepare for sleep. As you drift off into your ‘light sleep’, more of your sleep hormone is secreted. Higher levels of melatonin us accreted when you reach your ‘deep sleep’ usually after two dash 3 hours of continuous sleep.
What is Tryptophan?
Tryptophan is an amino acid which is also naturally occurring in Montmorency Tart Cherries and certain varieties of NZ Sweet Cherries. When consumed at night, tryptophan has been shown to support healthy levels of serotonin and melatonin. Tryptophan and the molecules it producers influence many functions in the body, including sleep, mood and behavior.
What are Procyanidins?
Procyanidins B-2 phenolic compounds from plants which are abundant and true to use cherries. Research studies on procyanidins have shown they have many health benefits, especially in supporting repair of oxidative damage, healthy blood sugar levels, heart health and healthy cells.
How does melatonin work?
Melatonin is essential to regulate the body circadian rhythms [body clock] for regular sleep patterns, waking up feeling refreshed. Melatonin is a hormone released by our brain and small amounts as we wind down at the end of the day. As we prepare for sleep and drift off into our apostrophe light sleep apostrophe, more melatonin is released. Higher levels of melatonin are released when we reach our apostrophe deep sleep apostrophe, usually after 2-3 hours of continuous sleep to produce enough of the important proteins.
Many of us don't reach our deep sleep state, waking before we reach it. When this happens our brain does not produce enough melatonin to allow us to sleep through until morning. Melatonin is only produced at significant levels when it is dark a dark room is imperative, as even tiny amounts of light reduce your body's melatonin production.
How do I use Tru2U for Sleep Support?
• IMPORTANT: May take 2-4 weeks or longer to start feeling the benefits
• Enjoy one hour before bed to support good sleeping habits
• Consume daily for at least 4 weeks for optimum results
• Dilute 1 part juice to 7 equal parts water, or dilute to taste – DO NOT HEAT
• Tru2U Sleep Support products should be refrigerated or frozen whenever possible to protect the nutritional benefits
• The concentrate will not freeze solid when frozen, remaining pourable straight
from the freezer
• For added convenience mix up a sealed jug and keep in the fridge
• For children and toddlers reduce serving size according to body weight
• Babies must have consumed solids for 2 months
• Tastes great over yoghurt
• Use as an ice-cream topping
• Blend into smoothies or mix with other juices
• Consult your practitioner if you take Warfarin
• Always read the label and use as directed